Henry Sibley High School offers an outstanding academic program and a personalized learning environment in a school that's just the right size - big enough to offer a wide range of opportunities and small enough formeaningful relationships. Sibley's comprehensive, rigorous curriculum challenges students and prepares them for post-secondary colleges and careers.
WHAT MAKES SIBLEY SPECIAL?
- Caring, highly-qualified teachers
- More than 150 courses in a variety of subject areas, including fine arts, Advanced Placement (AP) and Project Lead the Way, as well as opportunities to take college-level courses such as College in the Schools (CIS), Post-secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) and Seniors to Sophomores programs.
- Leading technology that allows students to take learning to new levels and prepares them for life beyond high school.
- More than 50 clubs, sports teams, service activities and academic organizations provide opportunities for every student to become involved
- Students have the opportunity to travel nationally and internationally. Past travels have included a marine biology class in Honduras, a visit to our sister schools in Japan and China, and an orchestra tour of Europe.
- Among the class of 2016:
- 92% planned to attend a 2- or 4-year college, university or technical school after graduation
|| Students in the Class of 2016 planned to attend the following colleges:
Appalachian State University
Arizona State University
Aveda Institute Minneapolis
Bemidji State University
Boise State University
College of Saint Benedict
College of Saint Scholastica
Colorado State University
Columbia College - Chicago
Concordia College - Moorhead
Concordia University - St. Paul
Dakota County Technical College
Dunwoody College of Technology
Gustavus Adolphus College
Illinois State University
Inver Hills Community College
Iowa State University
Itasca Community College
Loyola University, Chicago
McNally Smith College of Music
Minneapolis College of Art and Design
Minneapolis Community and Technical College
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Minnesota State University, Moorhead
Montana State University, Bozeman
New York University - Tisch
Normandale Community College
North Dakota State University
Northern Michigan University
Pacific Lutheran University
Pacific University - Oregon
Rothberg International School - The Hebrew
University of Jerusalem
Saint Paul College
Saint Paul Community and Technical College
South Dakota State University
St. Catherine University
St. Cloud State University
St. Olaf College
The Art Institutes International Minnesota
United States Naval Academy
University of Colorado at Denver
University of Georgia, Athens
University of Minnesota - Crookston
University of Minnesota - Duluth
University of Minnesota - Morris
University of Minnesota - Rochester
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
University of Montana, Missoula
University Of Nebraska - Lincoln
University of North Dakota, Grand Forks
University of Northwestern (MN)
University of Notre Dame
University of South Dakota
University of Southern California
University of St. Thomas
University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
University of Wisconsin - La Crosse
University of Wisconsin - Madison
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
University of Wisconsin - River Falls
University of Wisconsin - Steven's Point
University of Wisconsin - Stout
Weber State University (Utah)
Winona State University
The Henry Sibley High School community promotes lifelong learning in a supportive and respectful environment that encourages maximum achievement for all.
The Henry Sibley High School Community is committed to excellence. The following represents the vision that Henry Sibley High School strives to achieve and maintain.
- Teachers base academic progress on individual potential.
- Faculty and students advocate accountability and responsibility for learning. Teachers establish and implement learning content and standards based on best practice and current data.
- The use of relevant content and standards increases students' desire and motivation to learn.
- Students establish lifelong learning patterns which result in making connections between information, understanding, and application of learning.
The Henry Sibley High School Community:
- Includes and celebrates diverse populations;
- Establishes a nurturing environment in which personal growth encompasses self- worth and confidence through character development;
- Strengthens relationships with and among faculty, parents/guardians, students, and community members;
- Fosters collaboration and open and honest communication;
- Promotes a supportive atmosphere of civility, pride, and respect.
In order to advance our shared vision of rigor, relevance, and relationships in an exemplary school, the community of Henry Sibley High School creates a learning environment in which we:
Learn about Henry Sibley's School Initiatives and Community Partners.
Learn more about Enrolling in School District 197 by contacting the Guidance Office at 651-403-7208.
Download a fact sheet (English/Español) for more information about Henry Sibley.
- Provide an inviting classroom environment for students - an environment with clear expectations, consistent consequences, and specific, articulated, academic goals.
- Help all students achieve the intended outcomes of the curriculum by addressing their individual needs and learning styles.
- Use methods of assessment that enable us to monitor the learning of individual students.
- Collaborate with one another and our students so that we can achieve our collective goals more effectively.
- Demonstrate our commitment to ongoing professional development and continuous improvement.
- Promote a positive school climate by modeling and upholding the qualities and characteristics that we hope to instill in our students.
- Involve parents and community in the education of students by developing and maintaining open lines of communication.
- Provide students with academic and interpersonal opportunities that instill educational success.
- Recognize and celebrate student successes.